The Robotics (Hons) programme taught at the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is for anyone interested in understanding and developing robots.
Although this is primarily an engineering course, it extends into areas like artificial life, biology-inspired robotics, swarm intelligence and human-robot interaction.
Gain plenty of hands-on experience building and testing your inventions, using our state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
Develop a unique combination of hardware, software and problem solving skills. Design and build your own mobile robot to compete against your classmates.
Learn about precision control of robots, how software systems and artificial intelligence integrate and how to make complex electronic systems communicate.
Careers / Further study
Our graduates are in demand and work in a range of areas.
They work in artificial intelligence (AI) consultancy on the London Stock Exchange and developing robots for the world's biggest computer hardware companies. They use their skills within UK engineering and software businesses.
Our graduates have been offered jobs with national and global companies, while others started their own businesses and are pursuing their creative ambitions.
You could also go into research by progressing onto MSc Robotics or studying a PhD at Bristol Robotics Laboratory.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Robotics & Electronics
- Artificial Intelligence for Robotics
- Engineering Mathematics
- Digital Principles for Robotics
- C Programming
- Practical Electronics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Robotics Artificial Intelligence View 802 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 112
- Relevant subjects: Biology; Chemistry; Computing/Computer Science; Design and Technology; Electronics; Engineering; ICT; Further Maths; Mathematics; Music Technology; Physics; Statistics
- Access: 15 Level 3 credits at Merit in Mathematics and 15 credits at Pass in another Science or Technology subject.
- Baccalaureate IB: To include a minimum grade of 5 in Higher Level Mathematics and a pass at Higher Level in one of the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Design Technology, Physics, Environmental Systems and Societies
- Irish Highers: h3 in mathematics plus a pass in one of the following subjects: biology; chemistry; engineering; physics; technology.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.