Through a practical, hands-on approach that runs through all the modules, you'll gain exposure to the skills and technology employed at the forefront of environmental science.
Carry out your own investigations in our specialist labs, and use the latest mapping software in our dedicated computer suite.
Learn to analyse and interpret complex data, and pioneer environmentally sound, scientifically robust, practical solutions with this Environmental Science (with Foundation Year) (Hons) at the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol).
Careers / Further study
Environmental issues impact at local, national and international levels, and our students go on to make a valuable contribution in many different areas.
Past students have worked as pollution scientists, water quality experts and environmental managers with organisations including The Environment Agency, Wessex Water and DEFRA.
Some find roles as environmental consultants, working on renewable energy, waste management or the consequences of climate change. Others go into environmental education in schools, field studies organisations or postgraduate study.
- Life on Earth
- The Earth
- Field Skills (including residential field trip)
- Environment and Society
- Environmental and Field Techniques (includes international field trip)
- Ecology and Ecosystem Protection
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 354 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 48
- A-level subjects: A minimum of an AS in a Science subject.
- Relevant subjects: Subjects that meet the Science requirement for this course: Applied Science, Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry, Design Technology, Environmental Science/Studies, Geography, Geology, Maths, Use of Maths, Physical Education, Physics, Psychology, Science in the Environment, Statistics.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: To include three units in a Science subject. Please list the units you are studying in your application. For further advice on acceptable units, please email us.
- Access: Level 3 credits in Science.
- Baccalaureate IB: To include Science at Higher Level.
- Irish Highers: a minimum of o4 in a science subject.
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.