If focuses on the principles of computing devices – how they work and the functions they perform – as well as the use of computers for solving problems.
The Computer Science programs at Galen University is different from Computer Engineering and Information Technology (IT) in that it deals more with the theoretical aspects of computing hardware, and focuses on the design and production of software to run on that hardware.
What Jobs Are You Being Prepared To Obtain?
- Graduates of the Galen University Computer Science program have found success working as system administrators, database specialists, system analysts, software developers, website and mobile application designers, and network technicians.
- Some have gone on to Masters Degrees at a variety of international institutions, while those who remain in Belize have enjoyed (as of 2017) a 100% employment rate, with potential employers often contacting the university directly and asking about upcoming graduates.
- A Computer Science degree in Belize is highly prized by both local and international businesses, and offers lucrative, exciting, and enjoyable prospects for employment.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Java Programming
- Object Oriented Programming
- Operating Systems
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Database Systems
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Computer Networks and Distributed Computing
- Graphical User Interfaces
- Software Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to begin the process in a timely manner.
- Applications for admission are processed on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Human Computer Interaction
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A willingness to work hard, expand academic skills, strengthen character, respect others, keep abreast of social issues, analyze social problems, work in interdisciplinary groups and apply knowledge and skills acquired to solve social problems
- A commitment to high standards of personal ethics in all human interaction at Galen University.
- A required proof English proficiency evidenced by one of the following: ATLIB English score of 60 or above, CXC General Grade 1 or four (4) semesters of University-level English classes with a cumulative grade of 2.50 or above (applicants without any of these qualifications will be required to take four semesters of College English)
- Completed Application Form
- $60.00 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- One official High School transcript
- One copy of your diploma
- One copy of any of the following test scores: ATLIB, CXC, ACT, SAT
- One copy of Social Security Card or Passport
- Two recent photographs (passport-sized)
International5970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 199 USD per credit during 48 months.
National5970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 199 USD per credit during 48 months.
- $BZ 400 per credit hour
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.