To tackle crime, we need to understand it why it happens, what people feel about it, and how it impacts on individuals and society.
Exploring these issues from different angles is an essential part of discovering more effective deterrents and better forms of rehabilitation.
Studying this subject will give you the knowledge and skills to play your part in that work whether you choose to move into the criminal justice system itself or a related field.
Careers / Further study
This Criminology (with Foundation Year) (Hons) at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) provides the ideal platform for many careers. Employers will value you for your strong research, IT and communication skills, your ability to think critically, and your in-depth understanding of individuals, social institutions and processes.
Students go into careers in research, education, social work, counselling, charity work, healthcare, prison and court services, the police and the legal sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Researching Crime and Society
- Critical Thinking (Sociology and Criminology)
- Social Issues, Social Problems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 476 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 48
- A-level subjects: No specific subjects required.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: No specific subjects required.
- Access: No specific subjects required.
- Baccalaureate IB: No specific subjects required.
- Irish Highers: no specific subjects required.
All applicants will also require:
- GCSE subjects: Grade C/4 or above in English Language or Literature and Mathematics, or equivalent. We do not accept Level 2 Key Skills, Functional Skills or Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy as alternatives to GCSEs.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.