As the world's resources become scarce, there is a growing need to create buildings that are environmentally responsible.
This calls for design professionals with the creative and analytical skills of both architects and engineers an unusual mix of skills that is highly sought after by employers.
It is these future designers who will achieve design excellence, pursuing imaginative strategies for using resources efficiently.
Why UWE Bristol?
This Architecture and Environmental Engineering (Hons) from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is one of five courses that cover different specialisms in architecture. We produce sought-after graduates with specialist knowledge and the skill to create exciting buildings.
It can be difficult to know whether to pursue a degree in arts or sciences. This joint degree enables you to work towards professional status in both engineering and architecture, developing your cultural, artistic and technological interests in parallel.
It's in the overlap between function, aesthetics and physics that true inventiveness can flourish. Each way of thinking stimulates the others, giving you innovative solutions to problems.
Careers / Further study
With strong problem-solving skills, decision-making and analytical skills, you'll graduate ready to create a new generation of environmentally smart buildings.
These attributes are sought after by employers and can be applied in a range of careers.
This degree prepares you for careers in architecture, environmental engineering and sustainability consultancy. Work for small private practices right up to multinationals like Arup, Atkins and Foster & Partners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics for Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Engineering Principles (Building Engineering)
- Building Physics and Services
- History of Architecture
- Research and Design Strategies
- Building Services Applications
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Environmental Engineering Environmental Sciences View 357 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Tariff points: 120
- A-level subjects: Grade C in Mathematics, or grade A in Use of Mathematics.
- EDEXCEL (BTEC) Diploma: To include a merit in one of the following; Further Engineering Mathematics, or Further Mathematics for Construction. Please list the units you are taking in your application. For further advice on acceptable units please email us.
- Access: 15 Level 3 credits at Merit in Mathematics.
- Baccalaureate IB: You must have a minimum grade of 5 in Higher Level Mathematics.
- Irish Highers: h3 in mathematics.
All applicants will also require:
- GCSE subjects: Grade C/4 in English Literature or Language and Mathematics, or equivalent.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.