The Sport Management (Hons) programme at Solent University focuses on business, social enterprise and management within the sports industry. You’ll study a combination of management topics including marketing, business start-up, human resource management and operations as well as event organisation, sports policy and sociology modules to develop a thorough and critical understanding of sport industry issues and theory.
There is also the option to specialise in two additional sport management pathways, outdoor adventure studies and football business.
Outdoor Adventure Studies will include topics such as nature therapy, coaching, outdoor education, adventure recreation (with tourism), retail and extreme sports. While Football Business offers sport management contextualised to the football environment. Topics will include football development, coaching, sociology of football, globalisation of football and professional practice.
This course can lead to management careers across the breadth of the sports industry including:
- entertainment and sport centre management
- stadium management
- event organisation
- sponsorship and marketing
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Year one module topics cover: research and study skills, management and marketing principles, social issues and health and safety operations.
- Year two modules topics cover: research methods, work placement, people management and marketing,
- Year three module topics cover a dissertation, strategic management and marketing, and option topics in contemporary issues, globalisation, coaching, sports development and business start up can be studied.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sports Management Sports Sciences View 35 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 104-120 UCAS tariff points from A-levels or equivalent
- A minimum of two completed A-levels, a BTEC Extended Diploma at DMM or BTEC Diploma at D*D or equivalent qualification, or a combination of qualifications which comply with the minimum entry requirement of 104 UCAS points.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13800 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.