Our graduates in the Graphic Design (Hons) programme from Arts University Bournemouth go on to play an active role in the creative industries, from branding consultancies to digital design, publishers to packaging. Many of our graduates have established their own companies.
Experimentation and discovery are important values on this course. There is no ‘right answer’ and you will be supported to find your own path as you learn more skills.
- In addition to developing creative design strategies, we encourage you to bring your own experiences and interests to your work.
- We value conceptual approaches that attract attention, and then evoke an idea or emotion that is relevant and on target.
- In your first year, you’ll be exposed to the full breadth of graphic design skills and solutions.
- We’ll introduce you to a range of techniques to explore through the course. You’ll learn the importance of staying flexible to communicate across a broad range of media.
- You’ll explore screen, print, interactive, web, typographic and theoretically based issues. Your practical work will depend on writing skills too because graphic design often involves images working with text.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design User Experience Design View 632 other Bachelors in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The standard offers for degree courses include:
- GCE A Levels – BBB at A Level excluding General Studies, or 120 UCAS Tariff points
- Foundation Diploma in Art and Design at Pass
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Distinction* Distinction*
- BTEC/OCR Extended Diploma at Distinction, Merit, Merit
- RSL/UAL Diploma – must be combined with other Level 3 qualifications equivalent to 112-120 UCAS Tariff points
- RSL/ UAL Extended Diploma at Merit
- A combination of BTEC Subsidiary Diploma and A Levels – equivalent to 120 UCAS Tariff points
- Three BTEC Subsidiary Diploma passes at Grade Merit
- Scottish Highers – five passes at Grade C or above
International17950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17950 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
International/EU 2nd&3rd year: £16,950
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.