The Mechanical Engineering program of the British Columbia Institute of Technology provides you with both the theoretical and the hands-on, practical skills to become a Mechanical Engineer. With emphasis on engineering fundamentals, and problem solving and life-long learning skills the program provides an excellent environment for students to apply their knowledge in their capstone projects. The Mechanical Engineering program at BCIT gives you access to:
- Great Faculty – Our faculty are dedicated to teaching. Many have extensive engineering, science, and industrial experience to share with students.
- Excellent Labs – Hands-on experience with up-to-date equipment and software helps you to understand the concepts that you learn in lectures and gives you job-ready, practical skills.
- Fantastic Career Choices – The training and education that you will receive prepares you for successful entry and advancing in your future careers, both in the related industries and graduate studies. As a graduate of this program, you can expect to obtain a position as an Engineer in Training (EIT) and you can expect to be well employed and respected in your career.
- Engineering Materials
- Technical Communication for Mechanical Engineering
- Basic Technical Mathematics for Mechanical
- Engineering Graphics
- Energy Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 4 other Bachelors in Materials Science & Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at British Columbia Institute of Technology and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
All applicants must complete the first year of the program before continuing to either the Bachelor of Engineering degree program or to one of the technology diploma options. Entrance requirements for the first year are listed on the program entry page for each of the Mechanical Engineering Technology diploma options.
Entrance requirementsTo proceed from the diploma program into level 5 of the degree program, you must have completed:
- BCIT Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology (Mechanical Design Option)
- MATH 3499 - Ordinary Differential Equations and Linear Systems for Mechanical Engineers
- MATH 4499 - Applied Differential Equations and Vector Calculus
International23958 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11979 CAD per semester during 48 months.
National6842 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3421 CAD per semester during 48 months.
- home: 2976 CAD per term
- international: 9789 CAD per term
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.