Why study at the UAO CEU?
1. Course satisfaction
80.6% of our students are satisfied with their primary education studies, the second-highest level out of all Catalan universities (AQU 2017).
Abat Oliba - CEU University offers a solid, expansive and professional course structure which brings together university-level educational experience from the area of humanities, teacher-training colleges in Vigo and Seville and the CEU group's educational centres all over the country.
The aim of this Primary Education degree is to offer a full and rich education, so teachers, as well as having a high level of technical and scientific knowledge, gain the necessary teaching skills to be excellent educators who see education as a vocation.
3. Intensive course to prepare students for access to education degrees
- Intensive course on logic/mathematics
- Intensive course on logic/mathematics and Catalan language course to pass the Personal Aptitude Test required for access to the Early Childhood Education and Primary Education degrees.
4. School Immersion Programme
From the first year, students directly work on real-life activities in the Abat Oliba Foundation's education centres, giving them practical knowledge of teaching tasks and everything that surrounds education.
- Systematic observation of real classes
- Attendance at planning and evaluation meetings
- Observation of classes led by their professors, so they can learn from what their professors teach
- Talks with teachers of differing levels of experience about their motivations, difficulties, challenges, etc.
- Visits to cultural and sports centres to learn about educational departments and the activities they do
- Collaboration with the organisation and execution of end-of-year festivals and traditional events, such as Sant Jordi, the Castanyada, Christmas, etc.
5. Accreditations and optional mentions
- Mention in Special Education
- Mention in English Language Teaching
- Mention in Physical Education
- Academic qualification as a teacher of religion (DECA*)
- Developmental Psychology
- Linguistic Education
- Didactic Fundamentals In Primary Education
- The History Of School Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Primary Education View 15 other Bachelors in Education in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Abat Oliba CEU University carries out a 100% online admission process of its own and complementary to the PAUs or any other official means of access to the university. In this process, the capacities and aptitudes of the candidates are evaluated in relation to the chosen career. It is based on an online admission test * that must be carried out in parallel to the selectivity and that can be done before the PAU tests.
- You can process the application for a place through the Future Student Portal . The portal will ask for your personal and academic data and will ask you to take the online access tests.
International6675 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6675 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA6675 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6675 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.