Under this programme at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, a student gets a Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) directly at the end of 5 years , when the student has to do research work for last 1.5 years along with the mandatory course requirements. A Dual Degree student has to compulsorily complete an 'Honours' programme in the Department.
Thus, at the end of 5 years, a Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science student will get a B.Tech with Honours, with M.Tech in one of the following two subjects.
- B.Tech with M.Tech in Ceramics and Composites
- B.Tech with M.Tech in Metallurgical Process Engineering
The Dual Degree programme is meant to equip the students thoroughly in their core subject,so that they are capable enough to tackle any industry related problem or otherwise which pertains to their subject. As such, the Department's Dual Degree programme is very popular with the industry.
- Process control theory and Instrumentation
- Engineering Polymers and Composites
- Iron and Steel making
- Computational and Controls Lab
- Manufacturing Process Seminar
- Mechanical working of Metals
- Semiconductor Devices and Processing
- Corrosion and Protection of Materials
- Simulation and Optimization
- Environmental Sciences
- Equipment and Processes Design Lab
- Corrosion and Protection Lab
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 105 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Copy of the grade transcripts with the explanation of the assigned grades. (Certified English translation is required, if the document is in other language).
- Statement of purpose.
- Bio-Data / Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Personal particulars of Foreign Scholars coming to India (Click Here )
- Copy of the passport (page showing your nationality and personal details).
- Three recommendation letters – at least one recommendation should be about the student’s academic performance issued by a faculty member.
- Documentary proof to illustrate fluency in English language.
International8738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4369 USD per semester during 48 months.
National3354 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1677 USD per semester during 48 months.
- 124.600 Rs-national students
- 324.600 Rs-international students
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.