The BA program in Philosophy (in English) at Sofia University takes 4 years, each divided into 2 semesters. The core of the program is built around 28 mandatory courses, which cover the main systematic subdivisions of philosophy, as well as the chief periods of its history. Students also take 14 elective courses delving into an in-depth exploration of selected problem areas and providing a more strenuous focus of study and research. In addition, students take a number of theoretical and practical education courses required for obtaining a license to teach in Bulgarian secondary schools. The program places a special emphasis on the history of philosophy and continental philosophy, but also includes a number of courses in the analytic tradition.
The knowledge and skills cultivated in the program build competent professionals with a broad profile: specialists and researchers in philosophy, teachers in the social sciences and humanities in secondary and higher education, translators and editors of literature in philosophy and the other humanities. Graduates acquire the skills needed for working in Kindergarten, Elementary, Primary and Secondary and Higher Education, research organizations, Business areas, NGOs, and the public service.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Introduction to Logic
- Philosophy of Religion
- Eastern Philosophy
- Philosophical Anthropology
- Introduction to Ethics
- Traditional Logic
- Ancient Philosophy
- Social Philosophy
- Symbolic Logic
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Ancient History
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To have completed secondary education that makes them eligible to continue their studies in higher educational institutions in the country in which the applicants have completed their secondary education
- In the applicant's diploma for secondary education the grades relevant to the the major applied for are not lower than 62% of the maximum grade in accordance to the grading system in the country, in which the applicant has completed secondary education (i.e. the equivalent to a grade Good 4).
- To not suffer diseases contra-indicated to the area of study or the profession applied for.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3850 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3850 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA460 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 460 EUR per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.