The Department of Architecture and Spatial Planning is the first of its type in Namibia. Until 2010, when the Department was established in the Faculty of Engineering, Namibians wishing to pursue studies in the built environment field were obliged to do so in South Africa or other neighbouring and overseas countries, at a price only affordable to few.
At the Namibia University of Science and Technology we offer a bachelor degree in Regional and Rural Development. Therefore, the establishment of the Department of Architecture at the then Polytechnic of Namibia to produce home grown professionals with the requisite qualification to contribute towards the shaping of the future Namibian built environment and urban and rural agglomerations is highly acknowledged as a landmark in the history of development of the country’s educational system.
- Positions in regional/local government institutions
- Development organisations and private consultancy firms involved in the development of rural areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Faculty strives to be a world-class academic leader in education, research and innovation within our offered disciplines. Through quality education, research, innovation and service delivery we provide support and contributions at local, national and international levels towards the achievement of the sustainable development goals.
- Our industry-driven NCHE accredited graduate and post-graduate programmes, offer our students the opportunity to be nurtured and developed by a core of national and international staff who pride themselves in professionalism, inspiration, innovative thinking and delivering world-class teaching and research.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of 30 points based on the Namibia University of Science and Technology Admission Point System, using a combination of NSSC Ordinary Level and/or NSSC Higher Level subjects, provided that the symbol for the English, as Second language, should not be lower than an D on NSSC (O) and the symbol for Mathematics should not be lower than a E on NSSC (O) level.
International2416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2416 USD per year during 36 months.
National2416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2416 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.