At the discretion of the Department, a more in-depth selection process could be followed which may include either a test or an interview.
We offer a bachelor degree inTown and Regional Planning at the Namibia University of Science and Technology. Candidates who meet the Mature Age Entry Requirements of the University may be considered for admission, but will be required to have a minimum of 3 years work experience in the field of town and regional planning completed under appropriate supervision.
Candidates who hold the National Diploma in Land Use Planning may be considered for admission, if they have passed the courses Land Use Planning 3, Natural Resource Management 3 and Legal and Institutional Framework with a combined minimum of at least 60 %. Credit Recognition will be granted for courses completed under the National Diploma in Land Use Planning.
- Land Use Planning officers in both the Public (Central, Regional and Local Government) and Private Sectors (Planning Consultancy), as well as NGOs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Faculty strives to be a world-class academic leader in education, research and innovation within our offered disciplines. Through quality education, research, innovation and service delivery we provide support and contributions at local, national and international levels towards the achievement of the sustainable development goals.
- Our industry-driven NCHE accredited graduate and post-graduate programmes, offer our students the opportunity to be nurtured and developed by a core of national and international staff who pride themselves in professionalism, inspiration, innovative thinking and delivering world-class teaching and research.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of 11 points for English (Second Language - Ordinary Level) and Mathematics based on the University Admission Point System, using a combination of NSSC Ordinary Level and/or NSSC Higher Level, provided that the symbol for both subjects should not be lower than a C on NSSC(O) or 4 at NSSC(H);
- A minimum of 19 points for three other subjects on the University’s Admission Point System, using a combination of NSSC(O) and/or NSSC(H), provided that no symbol be lower than D on NSSC Ordinary for the other subjects.
International2244 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2244 USD per year during 36 months.
National2244 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2244 USD per year during 36 months.
- 33,420 Nad
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.