Admission into the programme may be considered according to the NUST regulations on the Mature Age Entry Scheme as per Part 1 of the NUST Yearbook, General Information and Regulations.
At the Namibia University of Science and Technology we offer a bachelor degree in Quantity Surveying. Candidates must adhere to regular NUST application deadlines.In addition to meeting the requirements set out in the NUST regulations, candidates will have to submit a portfolio of relevant work experience with their application, which will be evaluated as per requirements set out by the Department.
- Career possibilities for graduates completing and leaving the programme at the exit level are bright and diverse as follows: • Graduates can take up careers in a wide range of areas in the built environment industry. Specifically they have opportunities in professional quantity surveying firms as Quantity Surveyor in Training.
- They may also seek employment in professional firms for construction management, commercial trading, production of construction materials and equipment or specialize as subcontractors in a building project. Furthermore they may seek employment with local and municipal authorities and Government.
- Graduates who wish to pursue professional careers as Quantity Surveyors can apply for entry into higher degree programmes in quantity surveying. • In addition, graduates of the programme may join academia to impart knowledge and skill and or be involved in research for development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Faculty strives to be a world-class academic leader in education, research and innovation within our offered disciplines. Through quality education, research, innovation and service delivery we provide support and contributions at local, national and international levels towards the achievement of the sustainable development goals.
- Our industry-driven NCHE accredited graduate and post-graduate programmes, offer our students the opportunity to be nurtured and developed by a core of national and international staff who pride themselves in professionalism, inspiration, innovative thinking and delivering world-class teaching and research.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- At least 12 points on the NUST evaluation scale for English and Mathematics using a combination of NSSCH and/or NSSCO, provided that no symbol lower than a C on NSSCO will be accepted.
- A minimum of 18 points on the NUST evaluation scale for any three other subjects out of the following (or their equivalent): Technical Drawing, Physical Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Economics, using a combination of NSSCH and NSSCO, provided that no symbol lower than a C on NSSCO will be accepted.
- INSTEM results will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis according to NUST regulations.
International1772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1772 USD per year during 36 months.
National1772 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1772 USD per year during 36 months.
- 26,400 Nad
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.