This programme in Medical Laboratory Sciences at the Namibia University of Science and Technology will enable students to identify disease-causing bacteria; microscopically differentiate cells, microorganisms, and crystals; and operate complex electronic instruments to analyse blood for the presence of abnormal and malignant cells, components and chemical elements. Students will also be able to determine drug levels and evaluate the chemical, cellular and immune composition of blood, urine and other body fluids.
25 Points including a minimum B-symbol on NSSC(O) or 4 on NSSC(H) in Mathematics, Biology or Physiology and Physical Science as well as a minimum D-symbol in English.
- Graduates register with the Allied Health Professions Council as Medical Laboratory Scientists.
- Job opportunities include working at clinical laboratories, food industry, water analysis, etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences provides professional programmes aimed at the production of cadres and specialists concerned with the improvement of public health through: Disease prevention and control, emergency medical care, disease diagnosis, patient care and management.
- The Faculty consists of three departments: Health Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics as well as Natural and Applied Sciences. The Faculty currently offers Bachelor of Science professional degree programmes in Biomedical Sciences and Environmental Health Sciences.
- The Faculty also offers the following bachelor degrees: Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Honours degree in Applied Mathematics, Honours degree in Applied Statistics as well as a Bachelor degree programme in Pre- Hospital Emergency Care.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission is based on completion of Grade 12 or equivalent qualification: Prospective students should have a matriculation certificate or equivalent, with a maximum of 5 qualifying subjects, which must yield a score of at least 25 points Evaluation Scale. A candidate should obtain an E symbol or better in English.
International2386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2386 USD per year during 48 months.
National2386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2386 USD per year during 48 months.
- 35,540 Nad
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.