The programme will enable students to acquire cognitive, problem-solving and key transferable skills necessary for addressing a wide range of pressing challenges in relation to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) in the current Namibian market and economy.
This Science degree at the Namibia University of Science and Technology provides a platform for developing scientific literacy and for building-up essential scientific knowledge and skills for lifelong learning in STEM. Additionally, the programme is designed to enable students to apply knowledge of the natural sciences to real life situations and appreciate the relationship between science and other disciplines. The programme structure facilitates exposure of students to a variety of disciplines, at least initially, but ultimately requiring specialisation in the final year in a major complemented by a component of Work Integrated Learning (WIL).
- Graduates of this programme will be able to qualify for employment in the following areas: teaching/lecturing, formulation, analysis and testing, consulting, research and development, environmental analyses, forensics, production and industrial quality control, management, technical sales, chemical sales or instrumentation sales and service, entrepreneurship, etc.
- They will be able to find employment in private and government institutions such as laboratories, manufacturing, universities and colleges, biotech firms, food processing firms, pharmaceutical companies, agricultural, and environmentally-oriented organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In addition to meeting the Namibia University of Science and Technology's General Admission Requirements (GI2.1 in Part 1 of the NUST Yearbook), candidates must have a total of 15 points on the evaluation scale for Physical Science, Mathematics and Biology, in a combination of symbols on NSSC Higher or Ordinary Level or both.
- No symbol for any one or more of the subjects may be lower than a D on Ordinary Level or a 4 on Higher Level. Candidates must further have obtained at least a D on Ordinary Level for English.
- The Head of Department or his/her nominee may admit candidates who do not have the required minimum symbol for one of the above subjects, provided that such candidates have very strong symbols for the other two subjects and that the total point score for the three subjects is not lower than 15.
- Such candidates may be required to enrol for a bridging course at the discretion of the department.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Admission is based on completion of Grade 12 or equivalent qualification: Prospective students should have a matriculation certificate or equivalent, with a maximum of 5 qualifying subjects, which must yield a score of at least 25 points Evaluation Scale. A candidate should obtain an E symbol or better in English.
International1974 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1974 USD per year during 36 months.
National1974 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1974 USD per year during 36 months.
- 29,400 Nad
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.