Welcome to the Faculty of Engineering! At the Namibia University of Science and Technology we offer a bachelor degree in Mining. The Faculty of Engineering consists of four academic departments and of a Material Testing Institute.
- Mining Engineer, Consultant, Junior Lecturer, Researcher, Environmental and Safety Practitioners, Banking and Insurance as Risk Managers and Performance Assessors
- Projects Engineer, Projects Manager, Six Sigma Champions/Drivers, Mine Manager (Senior Management Position).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mining Engineer (middle management position), Consultants, Academic Institutes (Junior Lecturer, Researcher), Environmental and Safety Practitioners.
- Banking and Insurance as Risk Managers and Performance Assessors, Projects Engineer, Projects Manager, Six Sigma Champions/Drivers, Mine Manager (Senior Management Position).
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMining, Oil & Gas
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In addition to meeting the University’s General Admission Requirements as spelt out in the general rules, candidates must have at least 37 points on the Engineering Evaluation Scale, with a minimum 3 symbol in Mathematics, Physical Science and English at Grade 12/NSSC Higher Level. Only symbols on NSSC Higher Level will be considered for Mathematics, Physical Science and English.
- If a candidate does not have Physical Science, but has Physics or a “Physics equivalent” subject, the Registrar may upon recommendation of the relevant Head of Department and the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, approve registration of the candidate.
International2421 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2421 USD per year during 48 months.
National2421 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2421 USD per year during 48 months.
- 36,061 Nad
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.