The revised Bachelor of Engineering: Mechanical Engineering at the Namibia University of Science and Technology builds to a level of conceptual sophistication, specialised knowledge and intellectual autonomy in accordance with requirements at NQF Level 8.
Through this programme, students will be equipped with cognitive and intellectual skills, key transferable skills, and professional/technical/practical skills that would enable them to demonstrate in-depth understanding of the principles of mechanical engineering. Students will be capacitated with the knowledge to design and manufacture engineering systems. The programme includes a substantial element of Work Integrated Learning and requires the conduct and reporting of supervised research in order to adequately prepare students for entry into the profession.
Professional Engineers in areas of mechanical engineering regarding:
- mechanical design
- energy conversion
- materials testing
- manufacturing processes
- product safety and reliability
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Bachelor of Engineering: Mechanical Engineering is designed to enable the graduates to register as Professional Engineers with the Engineering Council of Namibia (ECN) pending the fulfilment of post qualification requirements.
- The programme outcomes reflect the required levels of competence as defined by the ECN, while the programme has also been designed to meet accreditation requirements of the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA).
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In addition to meeting the University’s General Admission Requirements as spelt out in the general rules, candidates must have at least 37 points on the Engineering Evaluation Scale, with a minimum 3 symbol in Mathematics, Physical Science and English at Grade 12/NSSC Higher Level. Only symbols on NSSC Higher Level will be considered for Mathematics, Physical Science and English.
- If a candidate does not have Physical Science, but has Physics or a “Physics equivalent” subject, the Registrar may upon recommendation from the relevant Head of Department and the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, approve registration of the candidate.
International2421 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2421 USD per year during 36 months.
National2421 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2421 USD per year during 36 months.
- 36,061 Nad
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.