Industrial engineers' daily tasks involve a great variety of creative activities, especially in modern manufacturing and service industries. The main branches of Industrial Engineering programme at the Stellenbosch University are manufacturing technology and operational systems design. It involves facets that are important in the modern industrial and service environments, such as quality assurance, robotics, engineering economics, operations research, industrial ergonomics and information technology.
Job opportunities for industrial engineers
A industrial engineer's work covers a selected part of a wide spectrum, starting at the design stage, concentrating on the manufacturing or delivering stages (where attention is particularly focussed on planning, efficiency and productivity), and concluding with marketing. Industrial engineers often work in large companies, or offer consulting services to large companies, but many are also responsible for the operation of small companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Mathematics
- Engineering Economics
- Engineering Mathematics
- Practical Workshop Training
- Production Management
- Thermofluid Dynamics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 16 other Bachelors in Industrial & Systems Engineering in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of permanent residence or refugee status (if you are not a South African citizen)
- Student support form (students with disabilities)
- Additional programme specific documents (If applicable)
- Application fee (R100) – 8 USD
- Unless your documents are in English or Dutch, you should supply a certified translation with certified copies of your qualifications
- Write the National Benchmark Tests AQL and MAT
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with admission to bachelor's studies, or an exemption certificate from the Matriculation Board
- An average of at least 70% in the NSC (excluding Life Orientation)
- Mathematics 70%
- Physical Sciences 60%
International3747 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3747 EUR per year during 48 months.
National3747 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3747 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Stellenbosch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.