As an English student, you will study literature, language, culture, history, have the opportunity to develop your creative writing skills and investigate how new technologies impact upon the study of literature.
Your First Year of studyingEnglish Language and Literature (Hons) programme offered at the Aston University will give you a broad introduction to literary genres and periods from the seventeenth century to the present day. In the Second Year you build upon the themes introduced in your First Year through the study of core and elective modules designed to broaden your understanding of the breadth and range of English literature and equip you to critically engage with a variety of literary texts across both literary genres and periods. In the Final Year you can choose from a wide range of elective modules to suit your interests.
- Recent Organisations
- Wilkinson Dynamic Balancing
- Bibby Financial Services
- The Institute of Engineering and Technology (The IET)
- Virgin Active
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Literary Genres in English
- Literature in History
- Literature and Film
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Introduction to Discourse Analysis
- Language and Society
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 609 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB - BBB
- BTEC is also accepted, see below for details.
- 32 points in the IB diploma (including TOK/Bonus points) with 6,5,5 at HL (including English Language / Literature). Standard level Maths and English grade 5 required in lieu of GCSE English and Maths grade C/4.
- GCSE English Language and Maths Grade C/4.
International15950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15950 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.