For us, the invention of photography, and the birth of the modern age could be said to be simultaneous. The momentum of the industrial and post-industrial revolutions advanced photography at an incredible rate, from its low-tech photomechanical beginnings to its current digital, state-of-the-art technologies.
So, photography is a medium for which a blend of art and technology is fundamental. A blend of conceptual, aesthetic and technological awareness makes the use of photography one of the most relevant artist's mediums of this age.
The power of photography - seen everywhere, used by everyone - is sometimes easy to forget. However, it would be hard to imagine a world without photography and we look forward to sharing that world with you.
BA in Fine Art Photography at The Glasgow School of Art is a four year, full-time degree programme and students are recruited into one of three specialist departments (Photography, Painting and Printmaking, Sculpture and Environmental Art).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Fine Art programme employs a variety of learning and teaching methods which may alter and adapt according to the perceived needs of students.
- The main methods of programme delivery are lectures, seminars, artists' presentations and group discussions, tutorials, progress reviews. projects, group crits, workshops, students' exhibitions, field trips, independent study, and formative and summative assessments.
- In addition to this, the School provides students with opportunities to take part in placements and exchanges in one of our partner institutions across the world in year 3. All students undertake a programme of study in the Forum for Critical Inquiry.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 704 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scottish Highers: ABBB including a literate subject*
- A Levels: ABB including Maths, plus GCSE English Language at grade A or 7.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): 30 points overall in the Diploma, including 18 at Higher Level, normally including English and Maths. Students not presenting English at grade 5 or above at Higher Level will be required to submit an IELTS.
- Irish Leaving Certificate: Four Highers at H2 or above - subjects required as per Scottish Highers.
- We are happy to consider holders of the Scottish Baccalaureate.
- For students currently taking qualifications we will look at predicted grades.
- Those who have qualifications from outside the UK should consult our international pages for country-specific entry requirements.
International18960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18960 GBP per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.