This is a technology focused degree with a strong art-school foundation, combining rigorous taught components with studio based learning and critical thinking.
Visualisation and Virtual Reality has been an area of excellence for the School of Simulation and Visualisation since its formation (as the Digital Design Studio) almost 20 years ago, and is an area that is now seeing a surge of rapid development and adoption worldwide.
At The Glasgow School of Art we offer a bachelor degree in 3D Modelling Design. With the entertainment market driving costs down, new opportunities are emerging for VR in broadcast and entertainment, medical, engineering and other domains, with major investments from companies as varied as Sky Broadcasting, Sony, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft.
Through the programme students will gain an understanding of major issues around 3D modelling for Immersive Systems alongside practical skills for creating engaging and immersive interactive experiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This specialist pathway in 3D modelling is available for study starting 2018/19. 3D modelling is a core discipline for the development of content for Immersive Systems and an essential skill in related digital games, animation, VFX and related domains.
- Students will specialise in 3D modelling while gaining a broader range of technical skills. Technical artists combine knowledge of how software and hardware digital systems function with modelling and animation skills, and are highly valued team members on many Immersive Systems projects, due to their strong understanding of technical issues, problems and solutions related to real-time rendering and application development.
- An understanding of user experience and user evaluation further enriches and augments students abilities in modelling and design for specific activities.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Design View 111 other Bachelors in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scottish Highers: ABBB including a literate subject* (+ maths for Games & VR only)
- A Levels: ABB including Maths, plus GCSE English Language at grade A or 7.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): 30 points overall in the Diploma, including 18 at Higher Level, normally including English and Maths. Students not presenting English at grade 5 or above at Higher Level will be required to submit an IELTS.
- Irish Leaving Certificate: Four Highers at H2 or above - subjects required as per Scottish Highers.
- We are happy to consider holders of the Scottish Baccalaureate.
- For students currently taking qualifications we will look at predicted grades.
- Those who have qualifications from outside the UK should consult our international pages for country-specific entry requirements.
International18960 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18960 GBP per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.