The B.A. Childhood Studies students from University of Dundee will not give you a professional qualification needed for leadership or management roles in the UK childcare sector. However, it is matched to meet the needs of childhood professionals nationally and internationally.
You will work with other professionals throughout the course to improve your leadership skills and ensure better outcomes for children. You will also gain an understanding of pedagogy (the theory and practice of education) and leading learning.
As the focus is on applying theory to practice, you will need to be in relevant employment throughout the course. You will use workplace-based activities, reflecting on your professional practice experience, as the foundation for your academic study.
The course is designed as a framework for you to develop, challenge and reflect upon your own values, beliefs, attitudes, knowledge, and skills.
Learning online allows you to fit your studies around your other commitments. You will be part of a supportive community where practice, resources and learning are shared.
When you graduate you will have gained the confidence and understanding to put your professional expertise into practice and gain promotion or a challenging new career.
Examples of recent job titles are:
- Child Development Officer
- Nursery Manager
- Manager of Out of School Care
- College Lecturer in Early Years
- Team Leader in Early Years
- Nursery Officer
- Senior Early Years Worker
- Early Years Education Officer
The majority of our graduates use this course for their professional development needs. Some people use this course as a way forward into teaching, going on to study for a postgraduate qualification in teaching, or completing a Masters in Education.
- Children and Society
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Creativity and Self-Expression
- Pedagogical Perspectives
- Leading Quality Childhood Practice
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Childhood Studies View 8 other Bachelors in Childhood Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your home address and contact information, including your personal email address and date of birth
- Details of the your qualifications, grades and dates (this includes any qualifications you have not yet completed)
- Details of your English language qualifications, such as IELTS (for non-English speakers)
- You need to have at least 2 years consistent work experience, working with children and young people 0-16 years in an appropriate setting.
International4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 60 months.
- England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland fees - to be confirmed
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.