Artistic and cultural practices are strongly encouraged throughout the course. Thus, contributing towards a more informed and conscientious action in the field, an increased sense of critical awareness, the ability to work autonomously and a heightened perception of the importance of research in the area. The degree also follows an interdisciplinary approach, through projects with other knowledge areas.In addition to the acquisition of knowledge in the diverse theoretical fields, Visual Arts graduates at University of Madeira will master indispensable tools and languages for an aesthetic and detailed use.
The degree also aims to provide the necessary training for further studies in the field (second cycle or postgraduation).
Graduates will be able to develop their artistic work in the domain of visual arts (drawing, plastic arts, installation, photography, video and animation) to carryout consultancy and advisory roles, technical, critical and cultural promotion as well as collaborate with museums/institutions in education services and other related areas.
The mission of Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education (A3ES) is to contribute to improving the quality of Portuguese higher education, through the assessment and accreditation of higher education institutions and their study programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Laboratory of Visual Arts
- Drawing Laboratory
- Materials and Plasticity
- Theory of Visual Form
- History of Modern Art
- Aesthetics and Theories of Art
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This degree is specially aimed at those seeking to develop their sense of aesthetics and critical awareness in the diverse areas of artistic creation, in a universe which includes plastic arts and the new digital technologies.
- Candidates may apply via the National Higher Education Access Contest providing they successfully passed one of the required admission exams (Drawing or Geometry or History of Culture and Arts).
- Candidates may also enrol via special regimes such as course/institution transfer, through one of the Special Contests in force or the Interntional Student Statute.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.