The acquisition of practical skills is ensured throughout the course via fieldwork and laboratorial training, encouraging the development of skills related to the collection and selection of samples and interpretation of scientific information. The Biology course at University of Madeira also fosters the acquisition of learning skills and the ability to work autonomously enabling a softer transition into the job market and the pursuit of studies throughout life.
Graduates of this course will be able to carry out duties in any domain related to Biology or Biological Sciences, mainly in the areas of: Research, Conservation and Resource Management; Nature Tourism; Environment, Agriculture, Fisheries and Aquaculture; Health; Food Industry; Pharmaceutical Industry; Biotechnology and Scientific Dissemination.
- Anatomy and Plant Organogenesis
- Cell Molecular Biology
- Physics for Biology
- General Mathematics
The mission of Agency for Assessment and Accreditation of Higher Education (A3ES) is to contribute to improving the quality of Portuguese higher education, through the assessment and accreditation of higher education institutions and their study programmes.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 5 other Bachelors in Biology in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Madeira and/or in Portugal, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- This undergraduate degree is aimed at those seeking to develop their knowledge and sense of awareness within the areas of Biology and Biological Sciences.
- Candidates may apply via the National Higher Education Access Contest providing they successfully pass one of the required admission exams.
- Candidates may also enrol via special regimes such as course/institution transfer, through one of the Special Contests in force or the Interntional Student Statute.
Living costs for Funchal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.