Economics at National Tsing Hua University is not the study of business, neither are the major subjects of which being Accounting, International trade, Industry and Business Management. Economics are, however, the indispensable building block to those professional subjects. Economics is in effect like Electronics in the College of Engineering, or Piano Skills in Art School. The basic knowledge of Economics is all important and indispensable whether in business marketing, enterprise management, trade, or operation preparation. Agreeably, it is much easier for one to understand and familiarize with the theory first before actually practicing it.
Our undergraduates will be able to:
- possess knowledge of core concepts in economics, such as microeconomics, macroeconomics, and international economics.
- demonstrate an ability to generate and interpret descriptive statistics and utilize regression methods and other statistical techniques.
- apply their understanding of economic concepts and quantitative tools to analyze economic problems and address public policy issues
- be well prepared for multi-discipline and fast changing career paths in a globalizing economy
- Principles of Economics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee Payment Receipt
- One copy of your diploma NTHU only accepts diplomas written in English or Chinese. Thus, if your diploma were written in other languages, it should be accompanied by a notarized English or Chinese translation.
- One copy of your official transcript
- One copy of statement of purpose
- Two recommendation letters
- Financial Statement
- Certification of Financial Responsibility Form
- Declaration Form
- Provide verification of your nationality or a copy of your passport
International3100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1550 USD per semester during 48 months.
National3100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1550 USD per semester during 48 months.
- NTD 46,100
Living costs for Hsinchu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.