Recognised by the National Association of Veterinary Physiotherapists (NAVP), studies will combine academic study and occupational competence. Graduates of the Veterinary Physiotherapy programme at Warwickshire College will be eligible to apply for full membership of NAVP, which works for the promotion of professional standards, provides insurance, CPD opportunities and recognition within the industry. Students study the equivalent of eighteen 20 credit modules over the three year duration of the full time course.
The course is accredited by the AHPR (Animal Health Practitioners Register) and students will be able to gain direct entry to the register following successful completion of the course.
A registered Veterinary Physiotherapist may set up their own business predominantly taking on canine and equine referral cases from veterinary surgeons, there are opportunities to work within the greyhound and equine sports industry or even digress into working with livestock or zoo animals.
A wealth of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) opportunities are available within this subject area to help maintain industry currency. This can include opportunities to engage in scholarly events delivered by the National Association of Veterinary Physiotherapists (NAVP), as well as other recognised associations and governing bodies. Opportunities for postgraduate study in Veterinary Physiotherapy and other related disciplines may also be available for successful graduates.
- Professional Practice and Animal Law
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Physiotherapy
- Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
- Dynamics of Animal Movement
- Animal Practice and Palpation
- Neurology and Orthopaedics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Veterinary Medicine Nursing View 388 other Bachelors in Nursing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants will be expected to have at least 128 UCAS points which may be derived from a Level 3 qualification in a related subject or A Levels including 2 Science subjects from Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
- Applicants will also need five GCSEs at grade 4/C or above including English Language, Science and Mathematics.
- Selected applicants will be required to submit a short video presentation and attend an interview either online or by telephone.
- It is ESSENTIAL that students have an up-to-date tetanus vaccination.
International11450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11450 GBP per year during 36 months.
National8735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8735 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.