The Physics Engineering course from University of Minho has two specialization areas and students will have to choose one of them, at the end of the 3rd academic year:
- Devices, Microsystems and Nanotechnologies: The field of nano-engineering has been introducing new paradigms in the design, manufacture and modeling of materials and devices, which are structured in extremely small scales.
- Physics of Information: The Physics of Information is one of the more recent fields of physics, a field that grew out of efforts to understand how one could use quantum mechanics to increase the power of computing. Surprisingly, quantum systems can solve certain mathematical and computational problems much faster than is possible with classical systems.
- The interdisciplinary training of physics engineer is especially suited for situations of continuous innovation that occur in companies of technologic basis, allowing them to have a range of options for employment in many fields of engineering, including mechanical, electronic, civil, automobile, business, in communications and information technology and in areas related to life sciences and health technology, energy, computing and space technologies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Calculus EC A
- Functional Programming
- General Chemestry
- Linear Algebra and Analytical Geometry EC
- Circuit Analysis
- Complements of Calculus and Analytic Geometry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Learning Agreement for Studies/ for Traineeships, which needs to be signed, dated and stamped by the student and home institution
- Copy of ID card/Passport
- Home Transcript of Records
International6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 EUR per year and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.