We offer a bachelor degree in Biological Engineering at University of Minho. Its objective is to form "Process Engineers" with a strong component in Chemical Engineering aiming at the industries where biological, chemical or physical-chemical processes predominate, in the fields of biotechnology, bioengineering and bio-nanotechnology.
The training combines theoretical and practical aspects adequately. It has a common path up to the third grade (first cycle), leading to a diploma on Biological Engineering Sciences (Bachelor). The 5 years allow obtaining a Master degree in Biological Engineering.
- The specific areas are related to the multidisciplinary domains of Chemical, Food and Environmental Technology.
- The industries and activities that have absorbed in Biological Engineering graduates include fermentation industries, agro-food, pharmaceutical, depollution industries and energy production, ecology, biomedicine, consultancy and design, research and development and commercial activity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Computing and Programming
- Integrated Laboratories of Chemistry
- Linear Algebra
- Systems of Graphical Representation
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 5 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Learning Agreement for Studies/ for Traineeships, which needs to be signed, dated and stamped by the student and home institution
- Copy of ID card/Passport
- Home Transcript of Records
International6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 EUR per year and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.