We offer a bachelor degree in Product Design at University of Minho. Knowledge of materials, as well as production, handling and manufacturing technologies and systems, prepares future graduates for the creation of innovative solutions through integrated project development (design-manufacturing-assembly-distribution) both in design teams, the industrial sector, and in R&D units.
Throughout the course, students will be asked to develop a wide range of skills that traverse product design, such as drawing, history, theory, ergonomics, psychology, marketing, economics and management, materials, prototyping and manufacturing technologies.
This course works with and benefits from the resources and laboratories of IDEGUI - Instituto de Design de Guimarães (Guimarães Design Institute), in the city’s Historic Centre.
Key learning outcomes
- To design and develop attractive, durable and economical products, which are suitable for industrial production
- To collect and systematise different types of information, reflecting on transdisciplinary themes
- To create the ability to interact with surrounding areas, in terms of materials and technologies
- To perform semiotic readings capable of expressing trends, in terms of visual language or concept
- To critically analyse the tangible and intangible characteristics of products
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Drawing from Observation
- Product Design History
- Product Design Theory
- Project - Concept and Form
- Analisys of Form
- Ergonomics in Design
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Learning Agreement for Studies/ for Traineeships, which needs to be signed, dated and stamped by the student and home institution
- Copy of ID card/Passport
- Home Transcript of Records
International6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6500 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.