Over the past century, and acceleratedly so during recent decades, visuality has become pervasive in all aspects of life due to the proliferation of media-based communication devices which can be observed to have a strong basis in visuality. Thus the mission of the VACD program is to provide the student with an in-depth understanding of visuality and its applications to the domains of Visual Art and Visual Communication Design. However, our efforts go beyond a sole understanding/application of the visual fields themselves in that we also seek to bring about their integration with other creative output such as sound design, new media output, and temporally based works implemented through the diversified building blocks of our curriculum.
The interdisciplinary educational approach embraced by Sabancı University aims to provide an ideal breeding ground for the education of the "new" artist and designer.
Graduates of the Visual Arts and Visual Communications Design program from Sabanci University have a wide range of career opportunities. With the interdisciplinary education that they receive during the four years of study, our students are equipped with a great variety of skills and knowledge to work in different fields.Our graduates have been employed as artists, designers, curators, art directors, film directors, communication advisors, fashion designers, journalists, brand managers, editors, social media experts, multimedia designers, technology consultants, academicians and more. They continue their careers at companies like Google, Fjord, Voden, TBWA, Alameti Farika etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spaces of Migration
- Myths of Gender
- Gender & Sexuality Study
- Classical Mythology in Art
- Literature and Psychoanalysis
- Culture and Cognition
- Interface Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 10 other Bachelors in Art History in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The copy of the exam/diploma result(s) accepted by the University
- If available, the copy of High School Diploma (if in another language rather than Turkish or English, the notarized translation should also be submitted)
- Official transcript, showing all courses and grades taken during the entire high school education, signed and stamped by the high school authority.
- If taken before, copy of international language proficiency exam scores accepted by Sabancı University English Prep School
- If available, 1 academic letter of recommendation
- Letter of motivation (to strengthen your application)
- Any extracurricular certificate, such as Olympiad certificates (to strengthen your application)
International18056 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18056 USD per year during 48 months.
National14150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14150 USD per year during 48 months.
National: 120.500 TL + V.A.T.
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.