You’ll study not only the primary texts of the Western philosophical tradition, but also major texts of Indian and Chinese thought in this Philosophy major.
You’ll learn to be critical, reflective, thoughtful, skeptical, affirmative, knowledgeable, and, of course, wise. You’ll become a decision-maker, well trained for a variety of vocations, including law, public service and policy.
Studying in the Humanities at Brock University provides you with optimal choice. You will apply to a Bachelor of Arts in Humanities – Faculty of Humanities, and may choose your major program after having the opportunity to explore various courses in first year.
- Writer and editor
- Public relations adviser
- Philosophy: Philosophical Classics and Contemporary Life
- Philosophy: Human Nature
- Philosophy: The Foundations of the Present
- Philosophy: Problems
- Pre-Socratics to Plato
- Growth of Greek Philosophy: Aristotle and Beyond
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- For January start, deadline is two weeks before start of term.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 83 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Senior Secondary school credential appropriate for entry to university in your home country;
- Academically rigorous grade 12 year
- Minimum B- average (higher for some programs);
- English Language proficiency requirements must be satisfied
International29280 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29280 CAD per year during 48 months.
National6090 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6090 CAD per year during 48 months.
- Tuition (Domestic) $6,090
- Tuition (International) $29,279.90 Flat Fee
Living costs for St. Catharines
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.