The major covers interdisciplinary topics from electrical engineering and automation, computer science, communication science, information science, and electronics. Through these studies, you will gain expertise in a range of techniques covering mathematics, modeling and analysis of signals and systems, and electronics.
You will be proficient in the modeling and analysis of systems and have a good foundation in the broad field of computer networks. You will also gain professional experience through tailored industry projects and entrepreneurship training.
These competences will foster your solid mathematical background, diverse programming skills, goal-oriented problem solving, engineering design, and efficient project planning and management.
The Science and Technology - Digital Systems and Design major from Aalto University aims to educate professionals in a diverse range of activities. Graduates of the programme will obtain the background to start their working life, for instance, as digital systems specialists, engineers, or technology entrepreneurs.
Additionally, the programme prepares students for advanced studies in engineering, science, and mathematics. Graduates of the programme will be well-equipped to pursue masters-level studies with the opportunity to become engineering scientists, business analysts, industrial researchers, and more.
- The programme combines theoretical knowledge with applied experiences in the multidisciplinary fields required to plan and develop large digital systems, such as (autonomous) cars, planes, ships, satellites, etc.
- In particular, the studies cover the design of such systems as well as essential competences in networking, electronic circuits, estimation and learning, control and automation, as well as optical communication.
- Building on the education of decent mathematical and programming competences, the programme educates and deepens their understanding through various integrated courses and workshops that foster hands-on experience and management skills through agile team projects.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Graphic Design View 6 other Bachelors in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
All applicants must fulfill the general eligibility requirements for higher education. You are eligible to apply if you have completed or will complete during spring one of the following degrees:
- Finnish matriculation examination
- International Baccalaureate degree (IB)
- European Baccalaureate degree (EB)
- Deutsches Internationales Abitur degree (DIA) or Reifeprüfung degree (RP) in Finland
- A degree or qualification completed outside Finland that in the awarding country gives eligibility for university studies
- A Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification, further vocational qualification or specialist vocational qualification as set in the Vocational Education Act
- Advanced International Certificate of Education -degree (AICE)
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.