The Faculty of Psychology is committed to evidence-based, scientifically sound psychology in research and teaching with the overarching goal of improving human well-being. She understands people as complex bio-psycho-social beings who develop, act in and help shape different living and working environments.
The course in Psychology at the University of Basel conveys the ability to take on diagnostic, advisory and evaluating tasks in health and social services, in education and training, in administration, business and industry. Research methods can be safely applied and empirical data can be appropriately statistically evaluated. In addition to technical content, students acquire personal and social skills in internships and group work.
Focus of teaching and research
The study of psychology at the Faculty of Psychology at the University of Basel is innovative and offers a broad basis in the most important topics, methods and applications as well as a focus on interesting, important and promising sub-areas of psychology. These include the specializations in the master’s program
- Social, economic and decision-making psychology,
- Personality and Developmental Psychology and
- Clinical Psychology and Neuroscience.
The departments and lecturers involved in these specializations are active in the respective topics in basic and application-related research and have a diverse and active network in research, in health and education as well as in companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The bachelor's degree in Psychology is a so-called mono course without any other subjects. In the bachelor's degree, the scientific and application-related basics of the central topics and disciplines of psychology are taught and conveyed.
- The bachelor's degree consists of the first year of study, in which the preparatory course is central, as well as the second and third year of study, in which various areas of application, methodology and practical skills are taught.
- The courses are mono courses. A specialization is chosen in the master’s course. Flexibility consists in the choice of extra-faculty and intra-faculty elective courses.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Clinical Psychology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The admission to a degree program at the University of Basel is granted in accordance with the admission regulations of the rectorate and the regulations and rules of the university. The admission regulations for the upcoming academic year are issued in December by the Rectorate, in accordance with interuniversity and international guidelines.
International1538 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 769 EUR per semester during 36 months.
National1538 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 769 EUR per semester during 36 months.
- CHF 850 per semester
Living costs for Basel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.