Students learn to design manufacturing plants; transform raw materials into valuable products and purify the products to meet consumer demands; meet high quality standards for manufacturing; automate plants to make production safe and economical; minimize waste and pollution; market and sell products at a profit; and work effectively with chemical engineering equipment.
Graduates of the BEng in Chemical Engineering at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology have versatile skills and can develop careers in manufacturing, R&D, quality control, and consulting in many sectors. Their employers include:
- Biotechnology firms
- Consumer products companies
- Cosmetics and skin care companies
- Energy companies
- Engineering equipment companies
- Environmental engineering and consulting firms
- Food and beverages companies
- Petrochemical and polymer plants
- Pharmaceutical companies
Engineering programs offered by HKUST are accredited by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers. Through the Washington Accord, HKUST engineering degrees and those awarded by universities in Australia, Canada, Chinese Taipei, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States are mutually recognized.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Academic and Professional Development
- A First Course on Materials Science and Applications
- Industrial Training
- Process Principles
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Process Fluid Mechanics
- Process Design and Integration
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 6 other Bachelors in Chemistry in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Reference Information to Reflect the Intake Quality or Competitiveness for Admission
- Mid 50% Score Range for 2020 Intake: 36 –40 (including bonus points)
International18057 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18057 USD per year during 48 months.
National5430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5430 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.