Understand the key principles of successful business on a campus full of commercial opportunities. Develop business skills and pursue your equine interest while gaining commercial experience. Tailor your studies to suit your career goals and apply your skills practically through an industry work placement.
You’ll have plenty of opportunities to experience equine business behind the scenes on this Equine Business Management (Hons) programme from Hartpury College. Students gain experience at our regular international and national equine competitions and events, as well as our commercial equine therapy and rider performance centres on campus.
You’ll develop the knowledge you need to succeed in a commercial equine environment, covering core business subjects including finance, management, marketing and strategy. A range of exciting optional modules will enable you to apply this to the areas of the equine industry you’re most passionate about. You could focus on horse performance, understand the science behind equine nutrition or use the most advanced techniques and equipment to return them to full health through therapy.
As you advance through your course, further business-related modules will allow you to direct your studies towards the areas of industry that most interest you. You’ll have the chance to experience the planning and organisation behind successful event management, delve more deeply into the financial side of business through accounting or explore the equine sport and hospitality industry.
You’ll undertake a compulsory work placement in year two, allowing you to observe work in the industry and put what you’ve learned into practice. Students have recently completed placements at British Dressage, Hartpury’s own International Horse Trials event, as well at the BETA Trade Fair and Cirencester Park Polo Club. You could work in variety of roles including media and marketing, sales, or sponsorship and events. You could also get more extensive industry experience during an optional sandwich year placement.
As an equine graduate you may go on to work as an equine scientist, manager or rehabilitation therapist. You could also work in racecourses, event management, teaching or biomechanics. Recent graduate destinations have included:
- South West Regional Marketing Executive for the Jockey Club
- New Business Development Merchandiser at Lindt
- Development Assistant at British Equestrian Federation
- Account Manager at RDW Exhibitions
- Events Management at Grandstand Media
- Nominations Executive at Tweenhills Stud
- Account Executive at Henson Franklin
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business and Financial Information
- Understanding Organisations and People
- Equine Structure and Function, Marketing
- Sport and Hospitality Management
- Event Management
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Missed the 15 January UCAS deadline? Don’t worry, you can still apply for many of our courses.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Biology Animal Sciences View 1261 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCSE: A minimum of 5 GCSE A* to C, (or 9 to 4 where numeric grades are being awarded) or equivalent, to include English Language and Mathematics.
- A Level: Typical offer is BBC-CCC or equivalent. This must include a minimum of two A Levels.
- Vocational award: Typical offer is a DMM-MMM in an Extended Diploma or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- We welcome students with equivalent qualifications, including Access and the International Baccalaureate.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Gloucester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.