Through this online BSc (Hons) Business Psychology * you will learn how to apply your knowledge to investigate fundamental business functions, as well as use core psychological theories to understand organisations, leadership, recruitment and corporate decision-making. Towards the end of your degree, you will build on your research skills through your final project on a business psychology topic that you’re personally or professionally interested in. The skills you will develop can be applied immediately to the real world, making you an asset to any team or employer.
*Please note: This course is not accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS). If you would like to study a BPS accredited course, please check out our BSc (Hons) Psychology.
BSc (Hons) Business Psychology teaching methods
We’re a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the-art virtual learning environment (VLE) to deliver our teaching, resources and assessments. Our system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE is accessible 24/7 and allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and live Q&As.
BSc (Hons) Business Psychology assessment methods
All assessments are delivered through our virtual learning environment (VLE). There is no requirement to go to external test centres; instead, you will submit written assignments through the VLE. For the few courses where exams are required, we use a virtual system that allows you to take academically rigorous exams from the comfort of your own home.
We believe you get the most out of your time spent studying when you are kept informed of your performance, and we achieve this by:
- assessing you throughout modules rather than waiting for end of year exams
- showing your marks in your grade book which can be viewed whenever you log onto the VLE
- rapid turnaround on work assessed to ensure your grade book is always up to date
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Support team
We also have a policy of ensuring that the work submitted by students is authentic – we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
BSc (Hons) Business Psychology career prospects
On completion of this online BSc (Hons) Business Psychology, you will gain a strong academic foundation that will help you in a wide range of careers in areas including organisational psychology, management, human resources, business development, business consultancy, staff training and development, careers counselling, marketing/advertising, market research and finance.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You can study the following modules on the BSc (Hons) Psychology:
- Fundamentals of Effective Learning in Psychology*
- Introduction to Social Psychology*
- Human Resources Management*
- Introduction to Cognitive Psychology*
- Fundamentals of Marketing*
- Personality and Intelligence
- Business and Management Skills
- Introduction to Research Methods*
- Biological Psychology*
- Advanced Cognitive Psychology*
- Leadership and Managing Teams*
- Individual Differences, Emotions and Behaviours*
- Organisational Development and Change*
- Quantitative Psychology*
- Psychological Development through the Lifespan*
- Consumer Behaviour*
- Critical Social Psychology
- Developmental Science
- Occupational Psychology
- Business Strategy
- International Marketing Strategy
- Reasoning and Decision-Making in a Business Context
- Final Psychology Project*
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
University of Essex Online have regular intakes throughout the year – apply now and you could start your course soon!
- Regular optional meetings
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour Human Resource Management View 4 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
At University of Essex Online, we believe that everyone should be able to access education. That is why we offer two different entry routes onto our BSc (Hons) Business Psychology, which consider academic or work-based experience.
English language requirement
Our courses are taught in English so to study with us you must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0 or equivalent. If you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, you will be required to pass a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
Work experience entry route (if not eligible see academic entry route)
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements, you must meet the following criteria:
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above, or equivalent
- three years’ relevant work experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
National4625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
This fee excludes any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where applicable, the University is required to add the sales tax.
Our BSc (Hons) Business Psychology tuition fee includes all teaching materials and required reading, and there aren’t any hidden charges for assessments or resits.
- Designated for undergraduate student loans in England.
- Monthly payment plan available for those who are self-funding.
- Full payment discount if you pay fee upfront.
- A range of scholarships are available subject to applicants meeting certain criteria.**
Please note that you can only apply for a maximum of two discounts or scholarships.
** To find out whether you’re eligible for our scholarships contact University of Essex Online’s Admissions team.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.