The Philosophy, Politics and Economics programme at Utrecht University considers political and economic issues from four different perspectives: philosophy, politics, economics and history. The addition of a historical dimension to PPE is something you will only find in Utrecht, where we are convinced that understanding the past will help us make better choices for the future. As well as gaining thorough knowledge of each of these four fields, you will also be trained to combine them to address the world’s most challenging problems. At Utrecht University, we believe that this is the best approach to designing complete and effective solutions.
The Philosophy, Politics and Economics programme at Utrecht University provides a programme which enables students to apply for jobs or graduate programmes in the Netherlands and abroad.
In addition to giving you a Bachelor's degree from a world-wide renowned university, it will give you an interdisciplinary degree in the English language, which means that after completing the PPE programme here, you will be eligible to apply for much more further opportunities than would someone with a regular, monodisciplinary, Bachelor's programme.
Furthermore, if you would choose to pursue a Master's programme, you can easily do t
his within the national or international context without having to prove further English language proficiency.
- Major Debates In Global Economic History
- Comparative Democratic Institutions
- Ethics & Public Policy
- Politics & Policy-making
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Philosophy & Ethics Political Science View 10 other Bachelors in Philosophy & Ethics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- VWO diploma including wiskunde A or B and a grade of 8 or higher for EnglishIf your English grade on your most recent VWO transcript, at the time of the submission of your application, is likely to be below 8.0, you are allowed to prove your English proficiency via other factual evidence, for example via a test score. If you wish to use this option, you will have to pay for the test yourself.
- A comparable international diploma (such as an International Baccalaureate (IB) with equivalent exam subject(s) in Mathematics)
International13100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13100 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4418 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4418 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Institutional fee: €12,063 (EU/EEA), €13,100 (non-EU/EEA)
- Dutch and other EU/EEA students: € 4,418
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.