An interdisciplinary academic study programme
Together with Wageningen University & Research we offer an academic bachelor’s programme where you will research developments in tourism and their consequences for society, the environment and the economy. The Bachelor of Science in Tourism programme from Breda University of Applied Sciences (BUAS) is the only academic bachelor’s programme in the field of tourism in the Netherlands.
After your graduation from the Bachelor of Science Tourism degree programme you can decide whether to find a job in the (sustainable) tourism industry as strategic policy advisor, consultant or researcher, or continue on a master's programme such as one of the master's programmes at Wageningen University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Year 1: You will be introduced to the social, economic and environmental sciences and their contribution to tourism.
- Year 2: You will deepen your knowledge of tourism development, policy, governance and law, organisational behaviour and business management.
- Year 3: In the first semester you will choose a minor - this may be related to your master’s degree or may involve pursuing your own personal area of interest. You can - for instance - choose a minor in international development studies, management studies or environmental sciences. You can also choose to do your minor at another university in the Netherlands, or abroad. In the final semester you will gain an insight into the principles of entrepreneurship and the latest innovations in policy, technology and sustainability. You will finish your major with a bachelor’s thesis.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Organisational Behaviour Tourism & Leisure View 21 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be in possession of a secondary school leaving certificate (a Dutch ‘vwo-diploma’) or an equivalent to the Dutch pre-university diploma, and;
- Have studied certain subjects (at the required level) relevant to the programme you are applying for, and;
- Meet the English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8906 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8906 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 36 months.
First-year students pay €542
Living costs for Breda
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.