The demand for software specialists is constantly increasing and the ICT professionals play a key role in the digitalised world. The Degree Programme in Software Engineering focuses on the most important technologies and the latest methods of modern software engineering.
Your studies will progress from basics to programming languages, web development, user interfaces, usability and software regulations, and big data systems and analysis. The Software Engineering program offered by Tampere University of Applied Sciences will give you the ability to work as a professional in the international field of software engineering.
The growing demand of software engineering specialists opens a vast variety of job opportunities. After graduation, you have the competence to work, for example, as Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Architect, Software Consultant, Data Engineer, Web Application Developer, Web Programmer and Mobile Application Developer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Study topics contain for example
- Web Development (Front end, Back end, APIs, etc.)
- User Interfaces, Usability and Software Regulations
- Software Architectures and Engineering
- Big Data Systems and Analysis
- Software Projects
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 7 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- the studies required for graduating from the Finnish upper secondary school or a Matriculation Examination
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) degree
- a European Baccalaureate (EB) Diploma;
- a Reifeprüfung (RP) or Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA) degree
- a Finnish basic vocational degree covering 120 credits or a skills score of 180 or a corresponding earlier Finnish vocational degree covering at least 80 credits
- a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma;
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Bachelor level programmes
- 50% Early Bird -scholarship waiver, if study place acceptance is done within 7 days (incl. payment of first installment of tuition fee)
- Academic Award -scholarship waivers 25% - 50% based on credits gained and Finnish language skills test
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.