The emphasis of Anthropologists at Kwantlen Polytechnic University is the applied aspect of our profession. Our teaching is realized through hands-on activities, lab work, and community events whose experience has the ultimate goal of understanding any aspect of humans and their activities.
At KPU we offer two streams of study: Archaeology-Biological and Social-Cultural.
- The Archaeology-Biological stream has a unique component in that our current anthropology field school involves direct interaction at a high level with First Nations communities and Anthropology professionals, and has been endorsed by the British Columbia Association of Professional Archaeologists, the first such endorsement in Canada.
- The Social-Cultural stream prepares students for a knowledge- and information-based economy in a world that is increasingly globally interconnected. Learning in this area of our field is conducted through a high degree of community service work involving brokering between divergent stakeholders.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Social & Cultural Anthropology
- Biological Anthropology
- Forensic Anthropology
- Methods and Ethics in Anthropology
- Forensic Methods & Analysis
- Archaeological Methods
- Archaeological Methods tor Cultural Resource
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology Biology View 222 other Bachelors in Biology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students pursuing a major in Anthropology must be admitted to the Faculty of Arts.
International302040 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10068 CAD per credit during 48 months.
National66390 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 CAD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Surrey
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.