The Primary Education (Hons) programme of the Plymouth Marjon University offers you many opportunities to work within schools to understand whether you want to develop a career as a teacher or consider other options, with a placement in every year of the course. You will also study primary education in a broad context, considering social and ethical issues as well as the primary curriculum and child development.
You don’t need QTS skills tests prior to taking part in this course. In order to achieve Qualified Teacher Status, you will need to follow this primary education degree with a PGCE or School Direct programme.
Our primary education degree provides students with an academic BA degree that can be used for a wide variety of prospective careers either in the academic sector or elsewhere. If you are certain you want to teach though our BEd Primary Education degree leads to Qualified Teacher Status after three years.
What might you become?
On successful completion, you can:
- Begin a PGCE or School Direct qualification to become a Primary School teacher.
- Move into roles in the broad education sector such as educational management, welfare, early years education, community education, youth work, children’s workforce professionals or informal educational environments such as those around tourism or events.
- Use your broad research and critical thinking skills to move into other sectors such as media or publishing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Education studies
- Child Development
- Children's Literature and Drama in Education
- Global Childhoods
- Critical Approaches to Numeracy in the Primary School
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 546 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Three A-levels at grades CCC or above.
- Or BTEC triple grades MMM or above.
- Or Access 23-45 with minimum 6D.
- And GCSE English Language at grade 4 or grade C or above.
- DBS check required.
- International students will be expected to meet the English language requirements of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
International12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.