Our BA (Hons) Graphic Communication degree is closely aligned to industry and you will work on a wide variety of briefs set by staff, professional design agencies and external competitions.
You will engage in work that explores traditional formats as well as emerging digital technologies such as augmented and virtual reality. Your knowledge and skills will grow in branding, identity, advertising, motion graphics, interaction/UX design, whilst developing strong skills in creative thinking and ideas-led communication solutions.
Design industry skills
As you hone your craft, you’ll get to meet leading practitioners from the creative industries and work on commercial briefs.
We’ll help to prepare you for a successful career as you compile your professional portfolio based on your own design interests.
Thanks to our strong links to industry, recent graduates are highly-employable and have found full-time employment in leading design studios, working in areas such as branding and digital, motion and cross-platform advertising.
You will be taught by passionate and experienced tutors, as well as many visiting professional designers, whose reputation for nurturing talent means that leading design groups and agencies actively recruit graduates from the course.
Graduates work in a broad range of careers including
- Graphic Designer
- Digital Designer
- Website Designer
- App Designer
- Branding Designer
- Advertising Creative
- Promotions Designer
- Brand Strategist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In Year One all Graphics students work together as you develop an understanding of universal design principles. This grounding not only prepares you for your progression into your chosen discipline, but also promotes an understanding of the work in other pathways, whilst also developing the group dynamic and peer learning
- Focus on type, image creation, print, layout, moving image and photography
- Software inductions
- Lectures on the history and context of design
- Explore publishing, packaging, identity, advertising, web, editorial and interactive communication
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 509 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A / AS Levels – GCE: GCE A/AS Levels 3 A-level qualifications at grades BBB. Where candidates are not taking 3 A-levels, NUA will consider combinations of A-level/AS-level and other Level 3 qualifications.
- BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF or RQF): Distinction, Merit, Merit in an art, design or media related subject
- BTEC Diploma (QCF or RQF): Distinction*, Distinction* in an art, design or media related subject
- UAL Extended Diploma: Merit
- UAL Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Art and Design: Merit
- UAL Level 4 Foundation Diploma in Art and Design: Pass
- Foundation Diploma in Art and Design: Merit
- Access to Higher Education Diploma (Art and Design): Pass
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: A minimum of 27 points
- Most international students are required to hold an English language qualification. Applicants are required to have a minimum UKVI approved IELTS exam score of 6.0 overall, with a minimum of 5.5 in each section
International15900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15900 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Norwich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.