The Bachelor's programme in Biology gives you a wide range of curriculum choices, and allows you to focus on the topics that you are passionate about. The programme is connected to the specialisations offered by the Biology and Medical Biology Master's programmes. You will be able to explore the field before deciding on one of seven specialisations.
As a student, you do an internship with one of the Radboud University research groups. During this three-month internship you’ll develop research skills and be involved in the leading research conducted at our university. You will also be able to make use of state-of-the-art research facilities, including green houses, the Phytotron (root laboratory), and scanners for measuring brain activity.
What will you learn?
- Develop an understanding of the entire field of biology by following courses from all learning trajectories
Specialise in one of seven tracks, and get in-depth knowledge of your specific track
Learn how to put knowledge into practice
- Gain experience in designing, conducting and presenting your research
Graduates from this programme could find work in a variety of job positions:
- Researcher for universities, hospitals, research institutes (RIVM, TNO), or companies
- Teacher in secondary school or higher education
- Consultant for a consultancy company
- Consultant for companies in agriculture and pharmaceutical industry (AkzoNobel, DSM)
- Policy maker for a non-profit organization, environment federation, or government
- Project leader/manager in a business or other organisation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Animal Evolution and Adaptation
- Animal Physiology
- Brain and Behaviour
- Cellular Biochemistry Microbiology
- Evolution and Development of Plants
- Genetics Statistics
- Genomics and Big Data
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 9 other Bachelors in Biology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have a non-Dutch Secondary School degree, your previous education will be assessed by the Admissions Officer of the Faculty of Science to determine whether it is of sufficient level.
- If the level is sufficient, then you could be directly admissible or additional conditions may apply (e.g. taking an English or Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry or Physics test). For accepted English tests, have a look at the language requirements. For Biology, Mathematics (A or B), Chemistry or Physics tests: we accept the VWO tests in these subjects from the CCVX and Boswell-Bèta.
- Language requirements
- Special deadlines are applicable for numerus fixus programmes. Please check thoroughly before applying.
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.