This exciting Sport and Exercise Science (Hons) degree from Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology is the first of its kind in the West of Ireland.
On this course, you will learn how to apply scientific principles in order to understand and enhance sport and exercise performance, health and well-being.
It will prepare you to work in the world of sport, helping athletes and teams achieve optimum performance. It will also prepare you to work the health sector, helping individuals to manage or prevent lifestyle-related chronic diseases through training and physical activity.
Graduates will be able to work in areas such as:
- professional sports clubs and organisations
- national sporting associations, governing bodies and other related sporting agencies
- private health and fitness clubs and spas
- public sports and recreation facilities
- local authorities
- schools, further education and higher education institutions
- exercise referrals
- the health sector
- Fundamentals of Biomechanics and Anatomy
- Cell Biology/Genetics
- Human Physiology
- Learning and Innovation Skills
- Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Human Nutrition and Metabolism
- The Biomechanics of Human Movement
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 19 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The general minimum Leaving Certificate entry requirement is a Grade O6/H7 or better in six Leaving Certificate subjects including English or Irish and Mathematics, two of which must be passed in higher level papers at Grade H5 or higher.
International6950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6950 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA819 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 819 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Galway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.