What is the Course from Institute of Technology Carlow about?
Electronics is at the heart of everyday life. Consumer electronics, mobile devices, vehicles, renewable energy systems, medical devices, wearable fitness technologies, as well as advanced robotics are now ubiquitous. As these technologies continue to evolve and grow, skilled electronic engineers continue to work at the forefront of this technological revolution. Electronic engineers work on cutting-edge research and development (R&D), advanced semi-conductor fabrication, design, prototyping, software simulation, coding, new product and applications development.
Our electronics courses offer a blended mix of theory classes, practical laboratories as well as project-based learning elements (hands-on). Extensive use is also made of computer-aided design (CAD) software tools and simulation resources.
Is this Electronic Engineering course for you?
- Master problem solving and critical thinking
- Develop practical prototyping CAD, and teamwork skills
- Learn circuit design, coding & analysis techniques
- Understand how the internet operates
- Mathematics and Computer Applications
- Electrical and Electronic Fundamentals
- Electronic Engineering Practice
- Engineering Science
- Programming Systems
- Industrial Studies
- Network Programmability and Automation
- Software Defined Radio
- Computer Networks
- Development Project (Engineering)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 43 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Leaving Certificate: 5O6/H7
- Subjects required: English or Irish O6/H7, Mathematics O6/H7
International10250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10250 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
- EU students - Contribution Charge - 3000 EUR
Living costs for Carlow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.