Physics from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) introduces you to the study of the deep and profound nature of the universe. Even today, theoretical, experimental, and computational Physicists work tirelessly to make sense of the cosmos, to understand phenomena occurring at the nanoscale all the way to huge astronomical entities such as the formation of galaxies. The opportunities are immense and can only be expected to grow in our lifetimes.
Graduates with Physics from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) will:
- address problems on the frontiers of human knowledge
- be equipped with rigorous training in all branches of contemporary physics.
- indulge in the quest for studying and understanding the universe and its underlying laws, and at the same time assist us in our goal of enhancing the region’s intellectual, economic, and material capital.
- Molecular Spectroscopy
- Engineering Physics Project Lab
- Quantum Optics
- Quantum Communication
- Principles of Optics
- Lie Groups and their Representation
- Laser Engineering
- Topics in Applied General Relativity and Astrophysics
- General Relativity
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Computational Physics
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Optoelectronic Devices
- Photonic Fundamentals
- Atomic and Laser Physics
- Photovoltaic Devices
- Nano-electronic Devices
- Semiconductor Devices and Fundamentals
- Magnetism: Theory and Experiment
- Cosmology and Black Holes
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 40 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in Pakistan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) and/or in Pakistan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Academic Background
- Performance in the Admission Test
- Completed and submitted application form and supporting documents by the stipulated deadline
- Application Review
- Interview (if called)
- SAT; OR
- ACT; OR
- LUMS Common Admission Test (LCAT);
International4243 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4243 USD per year during 48 months.
National4243 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4243 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Lahore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.