English (Honours) from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) is an innovative programme that seeks to train students to ask questions that have a global resonance.
Graduates with English (Honours) from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) will:
- be trained in issues that range from the implications of a single word in a text such as Homer's Odyssey to the particular social and historical contexts within which literary works come into being.
- grapple with the range of meanings and moments present in poetry, novels, plays, films, and essays, and also produce compelling writing of their own.
- Literature in English
- The Word and the World
- Literary Theory
- Colonial Discourse and Postcolonial Theory
- American Literature
- British Literature
- Creative Writing
- World Anglophone Literature
- Masterworks in Translations
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) and/or in Pakistan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Academic Background
- Performance in the Admission Test
- Completed and submitted application form and supporting documents by the stipulated deadline
- Application Review
- Interview (if called)
- SAT; OR
- ACT; OR
- LUMS Common Admission Test (LCAT)
International3994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3994 USD per year during 48 months.
National3994 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3994 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Lahore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.