The objective of the Batchelor of Architecture at the University of Moratuwa is to enable the comprehension of complex environmental, contextual, socio-cultural, functional, statutory and technical needs of a given spatial situation requiring a design interventions.
The degree programme includes three phases of progression namely,
- Exposure and Discovery - (levels 1,2 &3)
- Apprenticeship and Integration - (in plant training)
- Synthesis and Consolidation - (levels 4 &5)
Successful completion of the B.Arch. Degree, is recognised for exemption from the Sri Lanka Institute of Architects (SLIA) Part II Examinations, the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA).
- In the first phase a student is exposed to spatiality, design and the complex inter-relationship of society, technology, environment and the profession. It provides a sound theoretical footing for generation of innovative design responses in a complex situation.
- In the second phase the student is formally apprenticed in professional practice through a monitored training program. While gaining practical experience of design and building the students are expected to find their niche by exposure to the profession.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The entry to the programme of study is through GCE advanced Level examination based on the Z score. In addition the students should pass the aptitude test conducted by University of Moratuwa.
- Please refer to the University Grant Commision yearly addmission criteria circular for accurate details.
Living costs for Moratuwa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.