Career of graduates:
- The Veterinary Administration Authorities in the supervision of the animal protection against cruelty (especially the control and supervision of livestock and companion animals).
- The State Veterinary Institutes and laboratories analyzing biological fluids and tissues and other biological materials.
- The State Administration authorities for the protection of wildlife animals and protected animals.
- Authorities that ensure the protection of endangered species under international conventions (eg. CITES) and regulations (Customs Athorities).
- Institutions and enterprises engaged in animal experiments.
- Institutions for the protection of abandoned and disabled animals (animal shelters).
- State and public administration bodies using animals or coming into contact with animals in their activities (police, fire fighters)
- Municipal and city authorities addressing animal protection against cruelty (problems with animals in villages and towns).
- Organizations and business enterprises in the field of animal husbandry, animal transport, purchase and sale of animals, import and export of animals, and organizing exhibitions of animals, competitions and sports activities using animals.
- Organizations dealing with hippotherapy, canistherapy or other forms of animotherapy.
- Foundations and organizations dedicated to the protection of animals: WSPA, RSPCA.
- Private institutions engaged in consultancy in the field of ethology and behavioral problems of animal welfare and animal protection.
- Research laboratories and research institutions dealing with animal protection, animal welfare and ethology.
- University education - teaching and research focused on research of wild animals, livestock or companion animals.
- Media communication concerning the animal welfare and protection.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The organization of the programme:
The standard length of study is 3 years and the course covers the following subjects:
- Biology, Animal Ecology, Animal Ethology.
- Animal Breeding, Animal Nutrition, Animal Husbandry, Animal Reproduction and Gynaecology.
- Animal welfare for specific species, categories and groups of animals, Welfare, Stress, Pain and Suffering in animals, Welfare of Farm Animals (especially cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, poultry), Welfare of Horses and Riding Horses, Welfare of Dogs, Welfare of Cats and Other Pets (birds, reptiles and small mammals), Welfare of Zoo animals, Circus Animals and Abandoned Animals, Hunting and Welfare of Wild Animals, Welfare of Fish and Fisheries, Welfare of Bees and Beekeeping, Welfare of Experimental Animals, Welfare of Handicapped Animals.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Completion of full secondary education.
Appropriate knowledge of biology. This knowledge is verified by the entrance examination, which consists of a written examination in biology based on the content of respective textbooks for secondary schools. The written exam in biology has a form of a multiple choice test. The test contains a total of 37 questions; a correct answer is valued 1 point, thus the maximal result in the test is 37 points. The duration of the written entrance test from biology will not exceed 60 minutes.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Brno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.